Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Pictures of Ava




Hi all - This is Terah,
I got discharged today and it is nice to be home and with Eliza. However, I have a terrible ache in my heart leaving Ava there. I know she is well taken care of - I just feel I'm missing that bonding time and I want so much to hold her. Last night, her nurse had me help her take her blood pressure and change her diaper. It was great to feel involved in her care if just for a short time. But we will go visit her tomorrow.
Eliza loves her - She visited her and said "how cute!" and "I love you baby Ava." Today when we got home she took me Ava's room and said "baby Ava's room" "where'd she go?" It was so sweet - a lil sad though.
But on a happy note she is breathing on her own, and her head gear is off! So we can actually see her face now - which is beautiful.

I am thankful for my two sweet little girls - I feel very blessed. Thanks again all, We love ya!!!




7 comments:

  1. She is so cute. I know how hard it is to leave the baby behind. Olivia was in the hospital for 4 weeks. It was hard and I was up there everyday. Its great that everything is going wonderful. I would love to make a page of her on my website if that is ok with you? I wanted to give everyone updates and post her pics, email me at erinkewer@comcast.net and let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that she is breathing on her own. She looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is Precious!!! I am so Happy things are going well. Eliza is gonna make such a Great Big sister!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Terah, Good job!! She is beautiful. It sounds like it has been a long couple of days, get some rest while you can. I'm so glad to hear she is doing well. She looks so great. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ava is a buautiful little girl. Thank the Lord for such a lovely child to have in your home. I hope it won't be long before she can be home to love and care for. She has the legs of a dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! What a sweet little girl! Leaving your baby at the hospital must be really hard! I barely left my daughter's, Ayah, side when she was in the hospital, but we were lucky that she didn't have to stay very long. May God keep her healthy and strong and keep you and your family strong during this difficult time.
    (Ayah, 5 mo, also has an 11q deletion)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you're home...what tender words from her big sister! Ava seems to be advancing pretty quick and that's great news! We love you and keep you in our daily prayers!

    ReplyDelete