Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

This time of year, usually brings about a tidal wave of self improvement.  So, what makes the difference between successful resolutions and the failures?  

1.  Reachabilitiness!  Set a goal which is reasonable.  Going from zero workouts per week to 2hr sessions 6 days a week is not resonable.  I am going for twice a week.  We shall see how it turns out.

2.  Motivization!  Know your priorities and set goals that help you progress in those areas.  Being able to juggle 5 loaded diapers would not help me in school at all.  

3.  Definition!  I am not talking about my abs.  Define and write down your goals in a specific manner.  Terah has taken the liberty to write down ours and post them in visible spots as reminders.


Happy New Year! and good luck with your aspirations for this year.

1 comment:

  1. Great suggestions! I've already scribbled motivating phrases on bright sticky notes and scattered them around the house...lot's of questions when guests come over! :)
    I stuck some onto my workout video too! SO far, so good!! How 'bout you?!

    ReplyDelete