Sunday, January 18, 2009

Family and Friends...and the Lord


This post is for all the family and friends that have been fasting and praying for us this week. To say the least, the last few days have been tough. The diagnosis was like a punch in the spiritual gut. We have felt the power of your faith calming our fears and lifting us up.


Today's Sunday meetings touched my heart. I believe, mainly, because my heart was open, softened by trial and the Spirit. "I shall not be ashamed of the Gospel" was the topic of the day. When a source of strength, love, and light shines in our lives, there is NO reason to not share it. In Sunday school, the teacher shared a lesson of life lessons. God knows us perfectly, and He is the greatest teacher of spiritual lessons. Terah and I have been prepared for this lesson in our lives. Patience, Trust, and Faith in the Lord.


We ARE truly blessed to have eachother, Eliza, our home, my employment, our extended families, our wonderful friends, the truly good people of our church, to live in a free country...

All we have-we owe to the Lord.


Thanks again for your continued care, love, prayers, and support. I pray for each of you to be blessed for your efforts.


Keep on keepin on!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog, but kamee sent me hers and I am so happy to see pictures of your beautiful family!We will definitely add our prayers in your behalf! And when I say that, I mean it. The boys are great at remembering people in every single prayer we have and their faith is strong. Ben's mom just went through a surgery and was very near death. The boys prayed and were positive that she was going to live and recover. His mom is doing much better. Miracles happen through prayer and faith. We love you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I found your blog! I'm sorry to hear about your baby girl, but I'm sure your prayers will be answered and I will be sure to keep you all in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RETTSKE,
    YOU ARE A GOOD MAN WITH A GREAT FAMILY. KEEP UP THE FAITH. ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW WELL TH E LORD KNOWS US AND TRIES US AT TIMES. YOU WILL BE FINE! BY THE WAY, RETTSKE THE PT SOUNDS GOOD. KEEP WORKING HARD.
    YOUR FRIEND,
    BENSKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how whenever we are really struggling with something, all the church meetings seem to touch on the things in our hearts? I'm happy to hear that the two of you are staying positive...the Lord will watch over you all!

    ReplyDelete